The Onset of Summer Boredom  

Posted by Alex in

Well, it's summer now...
I should be having a blast now, right? I guess I could be, but I'm starting to miss being in College Station. All the friends I made just seem so far away now and my future seems to keep clouding up. For the Summer I’ve decided to move back home so I can work and possibly even attend some summer night courses at a local community college. Now this sounds great in theory, but I’ve hit a snag so to speak. First, the plan involves leaving behind all of the new friends I made in College Station and going back home, which means that I need to start either meeting new people, calling up friends that I haven’t talked to in a while, and/or making trips to College Station to visit with friends (economically this would be a little taxing). Second, I don’t start working until the 19th and have no money to go out and have fun, which equals a week at home being bored out of my mind. Finally, I’m taking a trip with my family during the period when all other colleges seem to hold the classes I want to take. Bad news for the summer it seems…

I guess it’s all part of life; making mistakes, wanting things you can't seem to grasp, and realizing that starting over can be a tantalizing option.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at Tuesday, May 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

You could always do what I'm doing to eliminate (or, at the least, put off) boredom: read the blogs of complete strangers. Yeah, it's a bit creepy, but it's better than staring at your wall for hours until your job starts next week.

May 13, 2008 at 10:27 PM

if it makes you feel any better, nothing is in college is ever as bad as the end of freshman year...

May 19, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Anonymous  

Ah! It's my fault Alex. I always forgot you (and others) were freshman. I should have warned you how awful the summer after your fish year is. All you want is to just go back to school after the first couple of days. See if you can sign up for summer session II (and still find summer housing). Or take summer school at home. Thanks what I did, and it made the time go by faster...

May 24, 2008 at 8:10 AM

Post a Comment